A Springtime Gala of Hope: A Benefit for Milan Moosavizadeh will be held on Saturday, April 9 at Winchester Town Hall from 7 - 11pm. Milan, a 16-year-old Winchester High School athlete, suffered cardiac arrest on May 29, 2010 during a soccer tournament. Unfortunately, there were no defibrillators available on site. After an extended hospitalization, Milan is finally home with his family fighting each day to regain the ability to move his body, to speak, to see. All proceeds from this Gala will go directly to the Milan Moosavizadeh Trust to help Milan and his family with his ongoing support needs.
Neillios Gourmet Kitchen of Lexington will be catering the event with a wide variety of passed hors d'oeuvres and desserts and a cash bar will be available. Members from the jazz band The Allnighters will be entertaining everyone for the first part of the night followed by a DJ and dancing! A few of the unique silent auction items available that night include:
* A Day with Senator Scott Brown in Washington (including Lunch with the Senator and a personal tour of the Capitol Building)
* An autographed limited edition U2 Lithograph.
* Bruins Playoff tickets and autographed memorabilia
* Red Sox Sky Box tickets
* Three Hour Boat Cruise around the Charles for 6 people
* Cape Cod Getaway in East Orleans
* 6 month membership at the YMCA
Tickets are $75 and can be purchased at BookEnds or online at http://teammilan.org/events_gala.html. For more information, contact Paula Kirk at 781-721-5311.