Winchester Farmers Market Entertainment Coordinator Job
- Organization: Winchester Farmers Market
- Causes: Environmental, Health
- Date(s): 2013 farmers market season (June through October)
- Contact person: Sara Ferguson
- Phone: (781) 721-0816
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: winchesterfarmersmarket.org
Volunteer Entertainment Coordinator Job Description
- Schedules entertainers to fill two time slots at the Farmer's Market for each Saturday of the season.
- The coordinator will have at hand a list of past performers but may cultivate performers who are new to the market.
- The coordinator should be mindful of scheduling a diverse array of music with regard to the age span of the shoppers and attendees.
- The music at the market should serve to enhance the atmosphere and is not intended to be a concert venue.
- Makes sure the band knows where to park after unloading, has access to electricity and a tent, and is given compensation in terms of food donations each week.
- Works with the assistance of a sound engineer and other volunteers, when needed, to help liaison with performers.
This is an opportunity for someone with potential to develop their organizational and communication skills in an uplifting setting. He or she will be given the leeway to makes this position their own after being eased in with the assistance of Sara Ferguson, who created the position.