5 Things You Need To Know Today: October 7
Open mike night, Rotary Club meeting and preparing for the future highlight the day's activities.
- Thursday night is open mike night at Winchester Community Music School. Hosted by songwriter and faculty member, Mike Verge, we welcome solo acts, duos, and small ensembles/bands. A PA system, acoustic grand piano, amps, and drum set are provided. Signups begin at 7 p.m. and light refreshments will be served. The event is free and open to the public.
- The Winchester Rotary Club will be having its weekly meeting today at 12:15 p.m. at the Parish of the Epiphany. Rotary club membership represents a cross-section of the community's business and professional men and women. The world's Rotary clubs meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds.
- The Planning Board will be meeting tonight at 6 p.m. The meeting will revolve around the Town Center Initiative and will be a subcommittee meeting of the Planning Board.
- The Council on Aging will be asking people tonight how good of legal shape are they in. The goal is to make sure Winchester residents are planning for the future. It will focus on the top five things you need to know to be in good legal shape.
- The Winchester girl's field hockey team will try and continue their impressive season as they host Reading. The game will be held at Manchester Field and is slated to begin at 3:30 p.m.