Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Pie - A Little Slice of Heaven
This is a must try pie - it is ridiculously good.
"When someone asks if you'd like cake or pie, why not say you want cake and pie?" ~Lisa Loeb
For Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me a cookbook devoted solely to pies. Now I love a freshly baked pie as much as the next gal, but I avoid actually making them due my subpar baking skills.
A chocolate cream pie is about the best I can manage. Thumbing through the beautiful photographs in this book, though, was definitely inspiring. It inspired me to ask my husband to make one.
Luckily, he was up for it and made the most delicious-looking pie in the book. Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Pie. Just typing the name makes my mouth water.
I will say that it was a group effort, since I did the grocery shopping, my hubby and son made the pie, I cleaned up and we all ate it. Give this recipe a try. You will not be disappointed.
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Pie
Courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9" pie plate with pie crust.
- Trim and flute edges.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining eggs.
- Gradually whisk in caramel topping until blended.
- Pour slowly over pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 mins or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before slicing.