Five Things: MusicFest and Farmers' Market This Weekend
Kids table returns to the Winchester Farmers' Market; open house at Winchester Community Music School; post your own Events and Announcements on Patch.
Here are five things you need to know today, Friday, Sept. 7 and for the upcoming weekend:
1. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms today after 2 p.m. Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny with a high near 86. South wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 68. South wind 6 to 8 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. Kids table returns to Winchester Farmers' Market. The market returns to the Town Common tomorrow from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., and at the Kids’ Table, join Amy Rindskopf and learn all about peppers and plums. Look for the Kids’ Table on the Waterfield Street side of the big tree.
3. MusicFest 2012. On Sunday from 2-4 p.m., Winchester Community Music School will hold its annual MusicFest open house. MusicFest features an instrument petting zoo, free sample classes for kids, live demos and performances, a drum circle, and a musical passport journey. Information about private lessons and classes for kids, teens, and adults will be available at the event. The school will also be holding at the same time placement auditions for its Beatles, Motown, and Jazz ensembles.
4. Post your own news and events. A big part of Patch and one of the things that makes it unique is that anyone can post Events to our calendar or Announcements (sort of mini-articles) to the site directly and they go live immediately, without having to go through the editors. Photos, videos and PDFs can all be uploaded as well.
To post Announcements, go to the Announcements page—the link above; accessible under the "News" tab on our navigation bar—and click on the "Add an Announcement" button over on the right. For Events, click on the "Post an event" link under the top four stories on our homepage, or go to the calendar at winchester.patch.com/events and click the "Add an Event" button over on the right.
5. Instagramming this weekend? If you take a great Winchester photo this weekend, be sure to share it with everyone in our Pics and Clips neighborhood gallery. It's even easier to add photos to Patch from your phone with the Patch iPhone app.
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.