Five Things: Glen Doherty's Funeral
Here is information about Winchester native Glen Doherty's funeral for today.
1. There will be scattered showers this morning, but should clear up for the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures will be in the low 70s during the day and dip to the high 40s tonight.
For your morning briefing, we are including all the information you need to know about the funeral for Glen Doherty.
2. The funeral for Glen Doherty is today at 11 a.m. at the St. Eulalia Church at 50 Ridge St. The family will hold a mass honoring Doherty's life. Friends and family are welcome to join. Read Doherty's full obituary from Costello Funeral Home.
3. While the procession is for family only, Winchester residents are being asked to line the procession route starting at 10:20 a.m. to honor Doherty and his family.
The procession route is as follows:
- Leave Costello Funeral Home at 10:20 a.m.,
- Travel down Washington Street,
- Continue onto Mount Vernon Street,
- Travel around the rotary and up Church Street,
- Take a short detour onto Glen Road, where Doherty grew up,
- And continue up High Street to St. Eulalia's Church.
|Please send photos from the procession route to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
4. The Military Friends Foundation, a nonprofit serving Massachusetts families of fallen service members, donated hand-held American Flags for residents to hold during the procession route today. Flags can be picked up at the Westside Fire Station at 45 Lockland St.
5. Check Winchester Patch's coverage of Doherty below to find more information about this fallen American hero:
- Winchester Native Killed in Libya Attack
- Libya Attack Victim's Family Asks for Privacy
- Community Mourns Glen Doherty
- Funeral Set for Glen Doherty
- Flags Line Streets Near Doherty's Mom
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.