Five Things: Help Hurricane Sandy Survivors
Here is some information to get you through Friday, Nov. 16.
1. It's going to be a chilly evening with temperatures dropping to approxiamtely 30 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. It'll be mostly cloudy with a high of 50 degrees during the day.
2. You can help Hurricane Sandy survivors just by sending a Tweet. For every tweet sent with the hashtag #PatchRebuilds, Patch will donate $1 to the AmeriCares Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Fund, up to $125,000.
3. Today is the last day to visit the Winton Club's annual Holiday Gift Fair in the Winchester Hospital. Winton Club volunteer members will be helping residents find perfect gifts, toys, accessories, hostess gifts and fabulous costume jewelry.
4. We are compiling a list of what restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving. If your restaurant or one you know will be, post it in the comments below. You can also email your special menu to email@example.com, and we'll include it on our list.
5. We're looking for a new photo for our Facebook page. If you have any great shots of Winchester, submit them here.
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.