1. There is nothing but sunny skies throughout the day with a high of 66 degrees and a low of 46, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The Mystic Valley Area Branch of the NAACP will host a public forum for candidates in State House of Representative races tonight at 7:30 at the West Medford Community Center at 111 Arlington St., Medford. The candidates will discuss issues of concern to constituencies of color within their respective legislative jurisdictions. The invited candidates are:
- 23rd Middlesex District: Sean Garballey (D) and Joseph Monju (R)
- 24th Middlesex District: David Rogers (D), Tommasina Olson (R) and Jim Gammill (I)
- 31st Middlesex District: Jason Lewis (D) and George Geogountzos (R)
- 34th Middlesex District: Carl Sciortino (D) and David Rajczewski (R)
3. Water main flushing of the middle low water system begins today and will continue for the next three to four weeks. The Water and Sewer Department said the flushing will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Check here to see which streets will be affected.
4. The School Committee released its meeting dates for the remainder of the year.
- Oct. 2: 5 p.m. in the WHS Auditorium. Agenda: Redistricting Alternative Plan Presentations
- Oct. 9: 7:30 p.m. in the Lynch Library. Agenda: Regular Meeting
- Oct. 11: 7:30 p.m. in the WHS Auditorium. Agenda: RAC Presentations
- Oct. 18: 7:30 p.m. in the Lynch Library. Agenda: Followup on RAC Presentations
- Oct. 23: 7 p.m. in the WHS Auditorium. Agenda: Superintendent Redistricting Recommendation
- Oct. 30: 7:30 p.m. in the WHS Auditorium. Agenda: Public Hearing on Redistricting Recommendation
- Nov. 5: 7 p.m. in the WHS Auditorium. Agenda: School Committee Vote on Redistricting
5. Don't forget to send in your nominations for Athlete of the Week. Check here to see what we need to feature the athlete.
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.