Five Things You Need To Know Today, April 12
Cloudy day with a fashion show, a planning board meeting, and a story of Lost Boys in Sudan.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, April 12. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Cloudy with a chance of showers: The National Weather Service predicts scattered showers, mainly after 9 a.m. Cloudy with a high 55 with wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of percipitation is 30 percent. The evening has a chance of showers mainly before 8 p.m. Cloudy with a low of 37.
2. Spring Fashions from Enka Exchange: Welcome in Spring! High Tea and Fashion Show from 3-5 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at Jenks Center or Bookends. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Jenks Center, 109 Skillings Road, Winchester
3. Planning Board Meeting: Public hearing for the Spring town meeting zoning warrant article. Starts at 6:30 in the Waterfield Room in the Winchester Town Hall.
4. From South Sudan to Winchester: Join us to hear the story of the amazing journey of The Lost Boys of Sudan in film and as told in person from one of the boys who survived to tell it at 7:00 p.m. at the Lincoln Elementary School, 161 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Winchester, free of charge.
5. “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.