Five Things You Need To Know Today, April 13
Opening Day at Fenway, warm weather and a dance are a few things you should know about today.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, April 13. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Sunny and warm, now we're talkin': The National Weather Service says tomorrow is going to be mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Perfect Friday weather! The evening ought to be partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
2. Office hours with Representative Jason Lewis: Meet with Rep Lewis about any and all issues from 10:00 a.m. to noon at the Small Meeting Room at the Winchester Library.
3. Opening Day at Fenway: The Red Sox open the season at Fenway Park against the Tampa Bay Rays. Here's hoping they can turn around their ugly struggles thus far. Starts at 2:05 p.m.
4. Spring Dance at the Jenks Center: This will be the last Jenks dance of the season. We hope the weather will be mild and the ladies will wear their Spring fashions. The Fred Manzi Trio will provide the music. Fred and his band are well-known for their big band sound and are popular with the area ballroom dancing crowd. As usual, there will be munchies, snacks and cookies served. Enjoy the music, the food, and perhaps purchase a glass of wine. Starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Jenks Center, 109 Skillings Rd, Winchester
5. “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.