Five Things You Need To Know Today, August 16
There will be a blood drive today in Winchester.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, August 16. Here are five things you need to know:
- Rainy day: Expect to see more rain on Tuesday, but it will be clearing up. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Tuesday will be 72 degrees with periods of rain throughout mainly before 3 p.m. Rain should start to end later Tuesday afternoon as the clouds should clear out.
- Blood Drive: Temple Shir Tikvah in Winchester is hosting a blood drive today from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fewer Spaces: A portion of the parking lot at the Wedgemere MBTA Station will be closed starting today to facilitate construction of the Accessibility Improvement Project. The work, which consists of installing new handicapped accessible ramps and “mini-high” platforms at the station, is expected to take about six months to complete. During the course of the work, parking restrictions will be in effect at the station. Users of the lot should expect fewer spaces to be available and should plan appropriately.
- The ugly ducking: Check out this interactive show at the Next Door Theater from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. One ugly duck leaves the security of his Swan Boats behind when he ventures down Commonwealth Ave in search of the mythical "green monster" of Fenway Park. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased online or at the door.
- “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.