Five Things You Need To Know Today, December 30
Last day to sign up for Christmas tree pick-up is coming up.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, Dec. 30. Here are five things you need to know.
- Snow and rain: There’s a chance of some snow for your morning commute. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Friday is expected to be 46 degrees. From 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. there’s a chance of some snow showers. After 9 a.m., that snow should turn over to rain. There will be a chance of showers throughout the day, as temperatures will drop to 38 degrees.
- Christmas tree pick-up: Local Boy Scout Troop 507 can help recycle your Christmas tree. The Boy Scouts will collect old Christmas trees from Winchester residents on Saturday, Jan. 7. The Scouts will pick up trees and bring them to the Transfer Station for those residents who have pre-registered with a $10 donation. To register, send your name, address and phone number with a check for $10 per tree payable to BSA Troop 507, c/o Tom Eid, 28 Maxwell Road, Winchester, MA 01890. Or you can sign up with a Boy Scout from Troop 507 at the Transfer Station on Saturdays in December. The order deadline is Monday, January 2, 2012.
- New Years Eve: The Black Horse Tavern is still taking limited reservations for New Years Eve. Reserve seatings are available for 5p.m., 7 p.m., or 9 p.m. The tavern will be offering a four-course chef's menu and live music by award-winning vocailist Ellen O'Brien starting at 8p.m. There will be a champagne toast at midnight. Call (781) 369-1620 to make your reservation, space is limited.
- Stadium Chair Fundraiser: Buy your stadium chairs for $45 and support the Winchester wrestling team. Please make checks payable to Winchester Wrestling Booster Club. Contact Anne Spry email@example.com.
- Winter Parking: The winter parking ban is an effect. Vehicles parked on the street between 1 and 7 a.m. are subject to fines. Any vehicles parked on the street during a snow emergency may be fined and towed.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.