Five Things You Need To Know Today, Jan. 10
Winchester Town Manager, Richard Howard, will be speaking at this week's rotary meeting.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 10. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cool and sunny: It’s going to get a little warmer today. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Tuesday is expected to be 46 degrees. It should be mostly cloudy early, but it will get become progressively sunny. By Tuesday night temperatures will drop to 24 degrees.
- Town Manager: Winchester’s new Town Manager, Richard Howard, will be speaking at this week’s rotary meeting, Thursday, Jan. 12 at noon. Residents interested in attending need to RSVP by Jan. 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org. It costs $15 to attend the meeting.
- Swizzles: Winchester’s newest yogurt shop is open.
- Town Election: Looking to get involved in town government? The Board of Selectmen, School Committee and Planning Board will each have two seats up for re-election. Interested candidates can pick up nomination papers at the Town Clerk’s office. The last day to obtain nomination players is Feb. 3 and the last day to submit them is Tuesday, Feb. 7.
- Winter Farmers Market: Beginning Jan. 14 and running to March 17, Mahoney’s will be hosting an indoor farmers market at its Winchester location. The event, similar to the Winchester Farmers Market, will run every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.