Five Things You Need To Know Today, May 14
There's a book club meeting, a faculty recital at WCMS, and a Reiki clinic going on on a rainy, cloudy Monday.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, May 14. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Cloudy with a chance of rain: The National Weather Service predicts a cloudy day with a chance of rain and a high of 71. The same for the evening with a low of 55.
2. Read, Meet, Greet: An International Book Club: One Winchester, Many Traditions sponsors an international book club which will meet on Monday, May 14 at 7 pm to discuss Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie. Copies of the book are available on loan through the Library: ask the Circulation Desk for book clubs. For more information, check the library website, winpublib.org, or contact Marie Ariel at email@example.com or 721-7171 x20. At 7 p.m. at Winchester Public Library, 80 Washington St.
3. Faculty Recital: WCMS trumpet faculty member Peter Kenagy joins the Faculty Recital Series this evening. Playing all original music by Peter Kenagy, a 13-piece band will be accompanying him. This event will be held at the NextDoor Center for the Arts in Next Door Theater, 40 Cross St. Free and open to the public at 7:30 p.m.
4. Peel Off Stress at Woburn's Weekly Reiki Clinic: Reiki is for everyone!! Peel off layers of stress and enhance every aspect of your life. Experience better health and increase your overall sense of well-being. It's easy with Reiki! At 6:00 p.m. at 76 Winn St, Woburn. Costs $20.
5. “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.