Five Things You Need To Know Today, May 3
Rainy and cloudy day headed our way. Luckily, there is a Hot Summer Reads meeting, cupcakes and a children's sing-along going on today.
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, May 3, 2012. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Cloudy, Rainy Day:The National Weather Service is predicting a cloudy day with a hihg of 54. Between 2 and 3 p.m., showers are expected. Showers in the evening, mainly ater midnight are expected. The evening will be cloudy with a low of 49.
2. Hottest Summer Reads for Summer: Book Ends business owner, Judy Manzo, will present some of the best reads for this summer, both fiction and non-fiction, with just enough information to pique your interest. Hand-outs for note-taking will be available as well as light refreshments afterwards. This is a great opportunity to screen potential book gifts for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, graduations, your summer vacation or general reading pleasure. Sponsored by
the John & Mary Murphy Educational Foundation and Friends of the Library. Event hosted at 10 a.m. at Winchester Public Library, 80 Washington St, Winchester, MA.
3. Boston Cupcake Girl Grand Opening: Introducing Boston Cupcake Girl featuring The Chocolate Truffle.The Creators of Bacci Chocolate Design, makers of the CB Stuffer Line and The Chocolate Truffle will now offer cupcakes in their Winchester location. They've taken some of thier popular flavors such as Salt Caramel, Sam Adams and Margarita and created cupcakes. They've also added some soon to be favorites such as the Green Monstah, The North End Canoli and the Phantom Pinot Noir. Starts at 10 a.m. at The Chocolate Truffle, 18 Thompson St.
4. Children's Sing-Along: Join the folks at the Winchester Public Library in the Children's Room for a sing-along with Robert. Bring your best singing voice, musical instruments will be provided. Event starts at 10 a.m.
5. Tell It Like It Is: We know you have something to say, so join the conversation on Patch and share it! Blog for us. About this time last year, Patch rolled out a new platform for members of the community to be heard. Now, we're making it even easier to get involved in Winchester Patch's Local Voices.