Five Things You Need To Know Today, May 8
Rainy day but there is a one hundred year centennial celebration at the Winchester Hospital, a fat blues jam, pyramids and Pharaohs and women's reading group at the library
“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, May 8, 2012. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Showers coming our way: Our friends at the National Weather Service are predicting showers after 1 p.m. Cloudy weather with a high of 57. Chance precipitation is 60 percent. The evening is looking rainy as well even the possiblity of thunderstorms after 2 a.m. low of 54 with an 80 percent chance of percipitation.
2. Winchester Hospital Centennial Celebration: Winchester Hospital is celebrating its 100 years of caring for our community and the Grand Opening of our new Center for Cancer Care and Ambulatory Surgery Center on Tuesday, May 8 from 4-7 p.m. There will be a ribbon cutting from 4-4:30 p.m., followed by public tours of the facilities from 4:30-7 p.m. Space is limited, so please be sure to RSVP to Mary Donnelly at (781) 756-4740 or email@example.com. Valet parking will be provided at 620 Washington St.
3. Fat Blues Jam: Open to adults and teens, all instrumentalists and vocalists welcome. These jams are fun, spontaneous, and a great way to experiment with new techniques and skills in the company of fellow musicians. Amps, pianos, drums, PA system provided. Winchester Community Music School, 407 Highland Ave. Cost is $7 for participants, spectators free. Open to the public. For more information, check out www.winchestermusic.org or call 781-721-2950
4. Pyramids and Pharaohs at the Winchester Library: Join Paulette Morin in the Large Meeting Room and journey through Egypt! Listen to stories and enjoy a hands on experience! Tickets will be available in the Children's Room for children ages 6+. 3-4 p.m. in the Large Meeting Room at the Winchester Public Library.
5. Second Tuesday Women's Reading Group: Informal discussion of I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. Copies of the book are generally available one month prior to the meeting at the Circulation Desk. At the Winchester Public Library Small Meeting Room Ask for a copy. Present and Future Titles