Parent to Parent Celebrates 30 years
Here is some information to get you through Thursday, Sept. 13.
1. After a little patchy fog this morning, the sun is going to visit us for the rest of the day with temperatures in the low 80s and dropping to the high 50s tonight, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Parent to Parent, a community-based, non-profit organization providing support for Winchester parents, is celebrating it's 30th year. To celebrate, Dr. Adam Naylor, leader of Telos Sport Psychology Consulting and faculty member at Boston University, will be the featured speaker discussing today's world of kids and sports. The presentation will be tonight in the McCall Middle School Auditorium from 7:30 to 9. Click here to find more details about Naylor and tonight's event.
3. State Rep. Candidate George Georgountzos sent a public letter calling for a public debate with Incumbent Rep. Jason Lewis. He asks for a series of three debates, two being open to the public and allowing reporters and residents to ask questions uncensored. See his other requests in his letter.
5. We've had two missing pets this week: an African leopard tortoise found by the Department of Public Works and a 4-year-old Weimaraner who has been missing for a week now. Make sure to take a look and see if you have seen them around Winchester.
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.