Winchester Hosts Energy Efficiency, Solar Power Seminar for Small Businesses
The Power Hour will be held Wednesday, Nov. 14 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Winchester Town Hall.
The Winchester Chamber of Commerce and Winchester’s Climate Action Committee are holding a meeting for small businesses to provide information regarding energy efficiency and solar measures that save money and improve the bottom line.
A representative from NSTAR will speak about their Direct Install Program for small businesses, featuring a free energy assessment and payment of up to 70 percent of the total cost of retrofitting qualifying lighting and mechanical systems.While the business pays the remaining 30 percent, financing is available at a 0 percent interest rate. A number of Winchester businesses have been through the program and the reaction has been favorable.
In addition, a representative from Blue Selenium Solar will speak about solar power systems and the available incentives that make solar power an attractive investment. They are currently doing feasibility, planning and design work with several local businesses.
Blue Selenium covers all aspects of a solar project including financing, permitting, design, installation and service. They are also experts at helping business owners take advantage of all of the available Federal and State incentives that can dramatically lower the system cost and create high returns on a solar investment.
The Power Hour will be held Wednesday, Nov. 14 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Winchester Town Hall in the Winchester Room.