Updated: Winchester Storm Center, Closings and Cancellations
As the storm passes through Winchester keep checking out to find out what's going on in town.
(Updated, 12/27 8 a.m.)
The blizzard is officially here. With a number of inches of snow already on the ground, there are some closings and announcements that have already been made regarding the town of Winchester. To announce your business or organization's closing email Winchester Patch at email@example.com.
- The Town of Winchester declared a snow emergency beginning on Sunday, Dec. 26 at 6 p.m. and lasting until Monday, Dec. 27 at noon.
- The Department of Public Works requests that all vehicles are parked completely off the street. Any cars that are parked on the street after 6 p.m.will be ticketed and towed. Residents are asked that if they cannot find a parking space for their vehicle to park their vehicle at the Town Hall Lot at the Jenks Center.
- All schools are closed for winter vacation.
- All school offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 27.
- The Winchester Public Library will be closed on Monday.
- The Boston Holiday Track meet was reschedule to Tuesday afternoon.
- Winchester declared a snow emergency Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
- All town offices in Winchester will be closed on Monday and will reopen on Tuesday.
- T Michaels is closed for the holiday from Dec. 25 to Jan. 2.
- Mahony's Garden Center will be tentatively opening at noon on Monday, be sure to call before you head over.
- Tumble Kids USA will also be closed on Monday because of the snow.
- The Ballet Arts Centre of Winchester will be closed for winter break and will reopen on Jan. 3.
- Get in Shape for Women will be closed for al its morning sessions on Monday. Call before heading over there in the afternoon to make sure they opened.
- Due to the snow emergency, Yoga Mandala will be closed until at least noon. Call to verify the evning classes are still taking place.
How to help:
- Clear hydrants and drains of snow
- Keep fences, mailboxes, basketball hoops, bike/skateboard ramps, etc. away from the edge of the road
- Don't park on the road
- Limit travel if possible
- Don't shovel, plow or blow snow back into the roadway.
- Sand and salt is available to Winchester residents at the Transfer Station on McKay Avenue.
In case your power goes out:
- NStar is currently reporting that approximately 10,000 homes are without power. Most of those outages are on the South Shore and Cape Cod.
- To report an outage call 800-592-2000. NStar offers suggestions and tips of what to do in case your power is interrupted.
- In an emergency, dial 911.
- Winchester Police Department: 781-729-1214.
- The Winchester Fire Department: 781-729-1802
- NSTAR: 800-592-2000
- Public Works: 781-721-7100
- Comcast:(800) COMCAST [1-800-266-2278]
- RCN: 800.746.4726
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
Did we miss anything? What's going on in your neigborhood? Let us know in the comments section.