Winchester's Week in Social Media
Every Saturday we'll look at the week that was on Winchester Patch's Facebook and Twitter feeds.
The platform is one way we look to interact with you, answer your questions and get to see what's on your mind. Social Media Saturday is a weekly feature where we highlight your questions and thoughts you've shared on Facebook and other media throughout the past week.
We'll also point you to some new and interesting pages you may not have known about before.
Highlights of the Week
- WE DID IT! At this time last week we had 232 Facebook fans. Now, we're up to 251. We reached our goal of 250. But let's not stop there. Let's see if we can double that number and get to 500.
- Last week's armed robbery at the Dairy Barn received a number of Facebook "likes," as did our follow-up story that included pictures of the suspect.
- Did you know we post the weekly yard sales in and around Winchester? Well, quite a few of our Facebook fans enjoy this new feature. And don't forget, if you have a yard sale coming up be sure to let us know.
- Our story about how Winchester Hospital is considered one of the best places to work in the state was "liked" by a few fans. And over on Twitter, @iCruz2 said, "I can believe that. Are they hiring?"
- Did you know we have a Twitter account? We're on there as well, so make sure to follow us.
Social Media Page of the Week
The Ginn Playground Restoration Project together with the Stone Family hosted “A Race to Remember” on Sunday, June 12 to celebrate the lives of Charlotte Mortimer, Finn Mortimer, Laura Stone-Mortimer, and Ragna Ellen Stone. Funds raised from “A Race to Remember” will be used to build a memorial at Ginn Playground in honor of the deceased members of the Stone-Mortimer family.
The Ginn Playground Restoration Project is a collaborative effort started in Fall 2009 by Winchester residents to rebuild Ginn Playground. In honor of their accomplishment, be sure to head over to their Facecbook Page and become a fan.
Your Town on Facebook
For more Facebook pages Winchester residents might find interesting, check out our list of "liked" pages on Winchester Patch's Facebook page. And don’t forget to follow Winchester Patch on Facebook.
You also can follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/WinchesterPatch.