Another snowstorm is headed this way and will bring high winds and frigid temperatures with it.
Snow should begin this afternoon and will intensify overnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 8-10 inches along the I-95 corridor and eastward and 4 to 8 inches west of I-95. Cape Cod and the Islands are expected to get hardest hit by the storm with blizzard conditions and 10 to 14 inches of snow expected.
A potential problem with this storm is wind gusts. Late Tuesday night and Wednesday morning should see wind gusts close to 40 mph, which could lead to power outages.
The temperatures will also wreak havoc. Highs are not expected to get out of the teens this week.
Here’s what weather forecasters are predicting for us:
· National Weather Service: 6 to 8 inches
· Channel 4: 6 to 10 inches
· Channel 7: 5 to 8 inches
· Channel 25: 5 to 8 inches
Delays, cancellations and closings:
- Schools: Winchester Community Music School closed Tuesday night.
- Municipal buildings: Open.
- State offices: Closed at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Logan Airport: Nearly 200 flights that were scheduled to arrive or depart from Logan Airport on Tuesday have already been cancelled as of 9:30 a.m. Tuesday as the airlines deal with another major snowstorm.
- Winchester Public Library: The Library closed at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, will open at noon on Wednesday.
NSTAR reported power outages near the Fells Reservation.
Get email updates from Winchester Patch:
Blog with us! Blogging on Winchester Patch is now easier than ever! Share updates from your Stoneham organization or write about anything that interests you—hobbies, politics, parenting, writing, cooking or whatever. You can even personalize your blog with a title and photos. Click here to get started: Winchester.patch.com/blogs/new.
"Like" Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter: Have you “liked” us on Facebook? Stay up to date with all things Winchester by liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter. There is no better way to contact us at Patch in case there is breaking news or something you want us to know.
- Emergency: 911
- DPW: 781-721-7100
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- MBTA: 617-222-3200