Here is the Winchester Patch 5 Things column for Wednesday, Feb. 20:
1. Job hunters: Check out the latest jobs available in the region on the Jobs section of Winchester Patch.
2. Black ice warning: Be careful during the morning commute Wednesday, as there is expected to be some black ice on the roads, according to the National Weather Service's Special Weather Statement. "...Some Icy Spots possible for the morning commute...Last evening's rain combined with temperatures falling below freezing early (Wednesday) morning may result in some icy spots on untreated roadways. Pedestrians should also be alert for patches of black ice developing on walkways early (Wednesday) morning," reads the statement. During the day, it is expected to be partly sunny with temperatures peaking around 35 before becoming mosty cloudy with temperatures dipping to a low of about 20, according to NWS's forecast for Winchester.
3. Blood drive: There is an American Red Cross blood drive scheduled for 1-6 p.m. Wednesday at the Temple Shir Tikvah.
4. Concert: The rescheduled Concert for Kids is at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Winchester Community Music School. Tickets cost $10.
5. Learning Italian: An intermediate-level Italian class for groups, led by instructor Sabrina Amadei, is slated for 9-11 a.m. Wednesday at the 1 Nassau Drive. For costs and additional information, call 781-354-3233 or email email@example.com.
Use Winchester Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Follow Winchester Patch on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click "Post onPatch" and start blogging.