“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 15. Here are five things you need to know.
- Snow turns to rain: The story of this winter continues as the region will get rain instead of snow. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Wednesday is expected to be 50 degrees. There’s a chance of some snow showers for your morning commute, but by 10 a.m. that will all change over to rain. The rain will continue throughout the day ending by Wednesday night.
- Voter Registration: Citizens who qualify and are interested to can do so in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Additionally, you may register up until 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 15, at the Town Clerk’s Office. Mail-in Voter Registration cards are available at the Winchester Post Office and the Winchester Public Library. Registrations must be postmarked by Feb. 15 in order to be eligible to vote in the March 6th Presidential Primary.
- Town Day: It may only be February, but it’s never too early to start thinking about Town Day. And Town Day needs volunteers, if you can help, be sure to sign up.
- Daddy/daughter dance: Don’t forget, the daddy/daughter dance, which was scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, at 6:30 p.m. at the Burlington Marriot.
- Citizen of the Year: The Winchester Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is seeking nominations from the community for qualified candidates for the Citizen of the Year award. For the past 32 years, the Chamber has honored someone who was chosen for making a significant contribution toward the improvement of the business community or the overall quality of life in Winchester through his or her work. In May, there will be an evening set aside to honor this special person. The recipient’s name will be announced at the Annual Meeting of the Chamber in April. Please send letters of recommendation by Saturday, March 31 to email@example.com or Winchester Chamber of Commerce, 25 Waterfield Road, Winchester, MA 01890. For information, please call the Chamber at 781-729-8870.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.