“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Monday, Feb. 20. Here are five things you need to know.
- Cool with some wind: It should be a nice day off for most of us on Monday. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Monday is expected to be 39 degrees. It should be mostly sunny throughout the day with wind gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Citizen of the Year: The Winchester Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is seeking nominations from the community for qualified candidates for the Citizen of the Year award. For the past 32 years, the Chamber has honored someone who was chosen for making a significant contribution toward the improvement of the business community or the overall quality of life in Winchester through his or her work. In May, there will be an evening set aside to honor this special person. The recipient’s name will be announced at the Annual Meeting of the Chamber in April. Please send letters of recommendation by Saturday, March 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org or Winchester Chamber of Commerce, 25 Waterfield Road, Winchester, MA 01890. For information, please call the Chamber at 781-729-8870.
- Winter Break: For those of you who have to work today, there should be less traffic on the road as all schools will be off today and the rest of the week for winter vacation.
- Missing beagle: A Winchester family is searching for their lost dog. He is a 3-year-old small beagle named Buddy. He was last seen at home in Winchester on Jan. 6 at 9 a.m. Please call 781-789-4671, if you have any information.
- Claim your listing: Are you a Winchester business owner? Have you claimed your listing yet? If not, be sure to check out how to do it and why you should.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.