“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 22. Here are five things you need to know.
- Clouds, sun, then rain: It should be partly cloudy in the morning, but by the afternoon the sun should come out. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Wednesday is expected to be 56 degrees. There’s a chance of showers beginning at 10 p.m. tonight.
- Ash Wednesday: Today is Ash Wednesday. The local churches will be holding services throughout the day.
- Meet the Local Editor: Today from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Winchester Patch Local Editor Dan Marra will be at Starbucks. Be sure to stop by and say hi.
- Romantic Music: The Jenks Center will be holding a talk on the romantic period of music and why it is labeled "Romantic" Thursday at 10:30 a.m. With a Master's Degree in Vocal Performance, Deborah Moscoso has been singing, conducting, and teaching music for three decades. This program is free and open to the public. It is presented by the Education Committee of the Winchester Seniors Association and is supported by a grant from the John and Mary Murphy Educational Foundation. Coffee and cookies will be available at 10:00 a.m.
- Claim your listing: Are you a Winchester business owner? Have you claimed your listing yet? If not, be sure to check out how to do it and why you should.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.