“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, March 8. Here are five things you need to know.
- Windy and warm: It’s going to approach 70 degrees today. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Thursday is expected to be 65 degrees. It should be mostly sunny throughout the day with wind gusts as high as 44 mph. By Thursday night there’s a chance of some rain showers.
- Softball Clinic: This spring, the Softball program offers its spring clinic to get area youth players ready for their upcoming softball seasons. WHS Varsity Coach Steve Swymer and his staff and players will work with clinic participants on all aspects of the game. Players will receive instruction and reinforce their softball skills through a number of drills and workout stations. The clinic will take place at the Winchester High School Gym/Field House on Saturday March 17, 24 and 31. Players in grades 4 and 5 will attend from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and grades 6, 7, and 8 will attend from 4:30 to 6 p.m. The cost is $75, visit www.eteamz.com/FriendsofWHSsoftball to register/pay online. Call 781-729-7661 or email FriendsofWHSsoftball@gmail.com for more information.
- High School Musical: The Curtain and Cue Society presents the Broadway musical comedy, Thursday, March 8, Friday March 9 and Saturday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m. in the Winchester High School Auditorium. Tickets are available at the door for $15. For more information call 781-413-5558.
- Kindergarten Registration: The Winchester Public Schools are holding Kindergarten registration from Feb. 17 to March 9 for the Kindergarten class entering in September of 2012. Based on the town census, registration packets have been mailed to all families with children eligible for Kindergarten in 2012. To be eligible for Kindergarten children must be five by Sep. 1, 2012. Completed registration materials should be dropped off or mailed to the child’s home school. If you have not received a packet or have any questions regarding the registration process please call your home district school.
- Claim your listing: Are you a ? Have you claimed your listing yet? If not, be sure to check out how to do it and why you should.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.