"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Wednesday, May 11. Here are five things you need to know:
- And the sun is back: Don’t look now, but Thursday could very well be the best day of the week. According to the National Weather Service, the high for Thursday will be 65 degrees. Expect it to be partly sunny with a soft breeze throughout much of the day. By Thursday night temperatures will drop into the 40s and it will become increasingly cloudy.
- New Principal: Over the weekend, , announced that at McCall. The current interim principal and former assistant principal. Ralph “Skip” Marotta will be retiring at the end of the year.
- Rotary: The will have Mark Ockerbloom as its keynote speaker for Thursday’s meeting, which will begin at 12:15 p.m. at the. Ockerbloom grew up in Winchester and is currently the lead news broadcaster on the Fox News network on the 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. broadcasts. The lunch is $15 for both Rotary members and guests and can be paid at the door.
- From the State House: The Winchester League of Women Voters invites the public to meet State Senator Pat Jehlen and State Representative Jason Lewis for a . Hear and discuss “Hot Topics” like jobs; the state economy, revenues and budget negotiations; healthcare; and the environment. Join the discussion on Monday, May 23 at the Main Meeting Room, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 am
- “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.