“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, May 18. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Beautiful Friday: The National Weather Service is predicting the Friday you dream of. Sunny with a high of 74 during the day and in the evening, mostly clear with a low of 47.
2. "Let the Sunshine In” En Ka Street Fair: Twenty exciting rides, great food, and the ever-popular bargain box, baked goods, quilt and book tents. Crowd favorites, including the Zipper, will be back, along with some exciting new additions, including live music, karaoke and a tie-dye booth. From 5-11 p.m. at Rt-38 & Mount Vernon St.
3. FREE WEEK of GROUP WORKOUT CLASSES: Are you looking for a fun workout to do with your friends? Set up a small group and try it out for FREE. We also have other groups you can join in on. Give us a call at 781-721-9996. At , 605 Main St. all day and free.
4. Readers' Choice: Where's the Best Place to Get Your Memorial Day Fixings?: Last chance to vote! With Memorial Day just a few weeks away, it's about time to start thinking about the cookouts we'll be hosting and/or attending. And so, with this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice Poll, we'll be looking for your recommendations on the best places to pick up the grillables and groceries for your Memorial Day cookouts.
5. “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.