“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, Oct. 13. Here are five things you need to know:
- Rain: It should rain off-and-on throughout the day and into the night, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures should be in the mid to high 60s during the day and fall to the high 50s at night.
- Girls’ soccer at home, boys’ soccer, golf on the road: The 8-2-2 girls’ soccer team will host winless Reading 0-7-3 at 3:45 p.m. The Sachems won their first game against the Rockets, but only by a slim 1-0 margin. The 8-1-1 boys’ soccer team will travel to 3-3-4 Reading for a 3:45 p.m. game. The 9-2 golf team will look to take down undefeated Danvers, 12-0, at the Ferncroft Country Club in Middleton.
- Flu clinic: The second-to-last flu clinic of the season at the will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. The last one is on Wednesday, Oct. 26, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Planning Board: The Planning Board Master Plan Phase II Sub-Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Board of Selectmen’s Meeting Room in .
- “Like” us: If you haven’t done so already, be sure to head to the Winchester Patch Facebook page and become a fan.
To find out what is going on today in Winchester, check out our events listings.