Share your storm photos and videos in this gallery.
Let us know what's happening in your neighborhood. Leave a comment below telling us about how Sandy has hit your neighborhood.
Follow all the hurricane news by clicking here to read all the articles on Hurricane Sandy.
As we hunker down to ride out Hurricane Sandy, we want to make sure that Winchester stays connected. For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet and 'like' Winchester Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
As you send us messages through social media and email (email@example.com), we’ll make sure the information is added here to this story in the comments and on the map found above.
If you notice wires down or a tree across the road, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can comment right on this story to make sure readers know what’s going on in your neighborhood.
You can share info about where to find water and batteries, and who has gotten the latest delivery by commenting here.
Winchester Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors, so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful as we brave the storm together.
Stay safe, Winchester!
The current storm:
- Track the storm's path over your address with the Weather Underground's Wundermap tool.
- Stay updated with power outages from NSTAR.
- Winchester prepares as Hurricane Sandy heads for New England; Meteorologists warn to take storm's threat seriously
- Tips for hurricane preparedness and protecting your home
- Things to have in your emergency kit before the storm hits
State of Emergency:
- Gov. Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency for Massachusetts and called up the National Guard.
Emergency Parking Restrictions:
- There are no parking restrictions in effect.
Cancellations and Closings:
- 10:05 a.m.: All MBTA service will be suspended effective 2 p.m. today. Customers are encouraged to make final MBTA trips as early as possible.
- Winchester Public Schools are closed Monday.
- The Town Hall, Recreation Department and Library will be closed Monday.
- MBTA service will run normally on Sunday and will reportedly continue to run during the storm. For MBTA service updates or alerts, visit The MBTA's website or follow them on Twitter. Customers interested in receiving text or e-mail updates may sign up for T-Alerts.
- For updates from National Grid, you can text STORM to NGRID (64743) and get text alerts on service interruptions.
- E-mail your cancellations and reports from around town to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them in the comments below.
Trash and Recycling Pickup:
- Monday's Trash/Recycling/Yard Waste pickup will continue as scheduled.
In case of emergency:
- Police/ Fire Emergencies: 911
- Non-Emergency Police : 781-729-1212
- Non-Emergency Fire : 781-729-1802
- NSTAR power outages: 800-592-2000
- National Grid power outages : (800) 465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: (800) 233-5325
- Comcast : (800) 266-2278
- Verizon : (800) 837-4966 (VERIZON)
List of cab companies:
- Winchester Taxi: (781) 721-0088
- Taxi Time: (781) 662-0300
- Malden Taxi: (781) 322-5050 and (781) 324-5050
- Malden Cab Company: (781) 322-5050
- Oak Grove Cab: (781) 665-5050
- Stoneham Taxi: (781) 279-2828
- Tan Taxi: (781) 395-6666
List of tow companies:
- Kearney's Towing (Stoneham): (781) 438-8484
- Stoneham Towing Inc.: (781) 438-3500
- Phil Howe's Towing (Wakefield): (781) 245-2468
- Advanced Auto Transport (Wakefield): (781) 246-5831