UPDATE (5 p.m.): According to NSTAR, 633 of its 8,438 Winchester customers are still without power. It is estimated that power will be restored by Tuesday, Nov. 1.
If by Tuesday afternoon you still don't have power call 1-800-592-2000.
The Town of Winchester advises residents to use extreme caution while driving or walking near down tree or lives wires.
According to the town, NSTAR is working to restore power, but because of widespread damage, progess will be slow.
"Heavy wet snow and high winds continue to take down wires and tree limbs, which is particularly challenging this time of year when the branches are still full of leaves," NSTAR said. "NSTAR has activated our Emergency Response Plan - opening regional service centers as storm response headquarters, adding extra line crews and support staff in our service centers, and adding additional staffing to our customer call center."
Out of the 8,438 residents in Winchester with NSTAR, approximately 589 are without power, according to NSTAR.
According to NSTAR, they are still working on assessing the damage in Winchester.
Below are a number of storm safety tips and contact information to keep handy before and during the storm:
- To report a power outage call 800-592-2000. NStar offers suggestions and tips of what to do in case your power is interrupted.
- Be careful never to leave open flames unattended.
- Turn off major appliances and electronics during any power outages to guard against damage when the power comes back on.
- Leave one light switched on as a signal for when the power is restored.
- Surge protectors can protect sensitive equipment during an outage and when power is restored.
- In an emergency, dial 911.
- Winchester : 781-729-1214.
- The Winchester : 781-729-1802
- NSTAR: 800-592-2000
- : 781-721-7100
- Comcast:(800) COMCAST [1-800-266-2278]
- RCN: 800.746.4726
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- For more information on snow removal in the town of Winchester, click here.