Here is the Winchester Storm Center where you can find regular storm-related updates during the snowstorm:
How to help:
- Clear hydrants and drains of snow
- Keep fences, mailboxes, basketball hoops, bike/skateboard ramps, etc. away from the edge of the road
- Don't park on the road
- Limit travel if possible
- Don't shovel, plow or blow snow back into the roadway.
- Sand and salt is available to Winchester residents at the Transfer Station on McKay Avenue.
In case your power goes out:
- To report an outage call 800-592-2000. NSTAR offers suggestions and tips of what to do in case your power is interrupted.
- In an emergency, dial 911.
- Winchester Police Department: 781-729-1214.
- The Winchester Fire Department: 781-729-1802
- NSTAR: 800-592-2000
- Public Works: 781-721-7100
- Comcast:(800) COMCAST [1-800-266-2278]
- RCN: 800.746.4726
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
List of cab companies:
- Taxi Time: (781) 662-0300
- Malden Taxi: (781) 322-5050 and (781) 324-5050
- Malden Cab Company: (781) 322-5050
- Oak Grove Cab: (781) 665-5050
- Stoneham Taxi: (781) 279-2828
- Tan Taxi: (781) 395-6666
List of tow companies:
- Stephen's Autobody: 781-665-7828
- Andy's Service Center (Malden): (781) 324-7505
- Culleton Brothers (Malden): (781) 322-4665
- Kearney's Towing (Stoneham): (781) 438-8484
- Stoneham Towing Inc.: (781) 438-3500
- Phil Howe's Towing (Wakefield): (781) 245-2468
- Advanced Auto Transport (Wakefield): (781) 246-5831