"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority." ~Vince Lombardi
Well here we find ourselves looking back on another Super Bowl Sunday. Sure, it was a letdown for New England to watch the Patriots fall to the New York Giants for the second time in five years, but hopefully you had some great food to temper the bitter taste of defeat.
Delicious dips and inventive apps almost always go over well when entertaining or heading out to watch the big game, awards show or event with friends and family.
Here are two dips that are sure to please...whatever the occasion or venue.
Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- 1 16oz jar sauerkraut, drained (don't use the bagged kind - it's too bitter)
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded corned beef
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Combine everything in your slow cooker and cook on high for 45 mins or about 1 1/2 hrs on low, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with rye crackers.
Easy Microwave Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 12.5 oz can white meat chicken (or equal amount of shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend (or Monterey Jack) cheese
- 1 cup bleu cheese dressing
- Buffalo sauce to taste (I start with 1/4 cup)
- Combine all ingredients and microwave until hot (about 3-4 mins.)
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, celery and carrot sticks.
- This can be reheated as necessary in the microwave.
Enjoy! Go Pats!