.

Gas Heater Caused Arlington Street Fire

The house suffered approximately $150,000 worth of damage.

While working at the , a couple of workers noticed smoke coming out of the roof of an Arlington Street home.

According to Chief John Nash, the men informed the homeowners – Christie and Gerry Regan – of a possible fire.

“It was first discovered by country club workers,” Nash said. “They saw the smoke from the roof, knocked on the door of the occupants and called 9-1-1.”

Nash said that the fire originated in the attic and was caused by a gas heater in a crawl space.

“The fire was burning along the roof line,” Nash said. “We had to do excessive work, cut holes in the roof and pull out ceilings in order to access the fire.”

According to Nash, the house suffered approximately $150,000 worth of damage.

The fire department received a call from smoke showing through the roof at 11:11 a.m. and by noon the fire was knocked down.

There were no injuries reported.

According to the Winchester Fire Department, there was smoke and flames coming through the roof on arrival.

Winchester firefighters had to climb onto the roof of the large, irregular shaped home, located adjacent to the Winchester Country Club in order to extinguish the flames coming from the attic.

“The fire was contained to the attic,” Nash said. “But in order to access the fire, we had to remove the ceiling from several rooms.”

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »