1. There is a 60 percent chance of rain this afternoon with temperatures in the 60s and dropping to the low 40s this evening, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Winchester High School parents are invited to Parent Conversations today at 8:45 a.m. in the Guidance Conference Room. The monthly discussions of students, WHS and the community are casual and always confidential. The discussions vary among open topics, specific topics and guest speakers. New parents will be welcomed at the meeting and issues parents may be having with the start of 2012-13 school year will be discussed.
3. If you know someone who exemplifies being a good neighbor, volunteer or teacher—or someone who has simply helped the community in an inspiring way—please tell us about it. Let us know by posting a comment here with the person's name, their organization, if applicable, and what they are doing to make Winchester a better place.
4. The vice presidential debate is Thursday starting at 9 p.m. You can view the schedule for the remaining debates here.
5. You can stay atop Winchester happenings with our free daily newsletter. If you haven't created a free user account on Winchester Patch, you can sign up for our breaking news alerts and daily newsletters, both of which are delivered to your email inbox. You can sign up here.
Engage with your neighbors on Winchester Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.