- Pregame: The will be open and serving breakfast at 7 a.m. Stop by and then walk to the game, which starts at 10:15 a.m. at Knowlton Stadium in Winchester.
- 107th Meeting: Winchester and Woburn will be squaring off for the 107th time on Thanksgiving, making their Turkey Day rivalry, which dates back to 1891, one of the oldest in the nation.
- Overall Record: The Sachems hold a 52-42-12 advantage over the Tanners in the annual showdown. After a decade-long drought, Winchester has now won the last three meetings – including last year’s 19-14 decision, where current senior Lars Zandbergs had a 67-yard fumble return for a touchdown to seal the game.
- This Year: It would be a major upset if the 1-8 Sachems were to beat the 5-4 Tanners. Winchester’s last and only win this season came against 2-8 Stoneham, 28-14, back on Oct. 1. In their last four games, the Sachems have been shutout three times and been outscored 132-6. Meanwhile, Woburn is riding a two-game winning streak and has beaten up some of the teams that Winchester has been beaten up by.
- Player to Watch: Without question, all eyes should be on Woburn’s dynamic playmaker Chucky Ortiz. The senior running back has 20 touchdowns so far this season and will surely be looking to add to that total. A threat to score whenever he touches the ball, Ortiz has found the end zone five different ways this season.