The 2014 Winter Olympics kick off Thursday, and 11 athletes will be representing Massachusetts in Sochi, Russia:
- Kacey Bellamy, Westfield - Ice Hockey
- John Carlson, Natick - Ice Hockey
- Alex Carpenter, North Reading - Ice Hockey
- Emily Cook, Belmont - Freestyle Skiing
- Annalisa Drew, Andover - Freestyle Skiing
- Meghan Duggan, Danvers - Ice Hockey
- Steve Langton, Melrose - Bobsled
- Chris Langton, Melrose - Bobsled
- Michelle Picard, Taunton - Ice Hockey
- Molly Schaus, Natick - Ice Hockey
- Simon Shnapir, Sudbury - Figure Skating
The 230-member U.S. Olympic team is comprised of 105 women and 125 men – the largest athlete delegation for any nation in the history of the Olympic Winter Games. The United States will be represented in all 15 disciplines across seven sports, and up to 94 of the 98 medal events that will be contested in Sochi.
The 2014 U.S. Olympic Team roster may still be adjusted due to injury, illness or exceptional circumstances up to the technical meetings for each sport.Click here for a Sochi 2014 U.S. Olympic Team fact sheet and to view the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team roster by sport.