Black Horse Tavern
Life-long Winchester resident Jim Covino and his wife Kim, opened the tavern in August of 2010. This is Winchester first and only, pub-style eatery.
Blac Horse features a blend of casual tavern food, drink and specialty dishes, and occasionally will have a band stop by to play some live music.
Specials will be changed daily, as the Covinos hopes to provide unique and surprising options to customers. Marinated steak tips, fresh seafood from Gloucester and local vendors, hand-tossed pizzas and a signature gourmet burger convinced the couple that business will flourish; not to mention an extensive children's menu.
There will be a full bar menu that will also be making some signature drinks, as well as homemade desserts.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday: 4:30 p.m. to midnight; Friday, Saturday and Sunday: noon to midnight.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Pizza, Seafood, Steak House
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Late-night