This beach was named after Winchester Rotarian Clarence Bouggaard who, in the tenth decade of his life, managed to secure a swimming facility for the residents of Winchester.
The beach, which is located right next to the Packer tennis courts, sits comfortably alongside Wedge Pond. The beach is open from June 23 to August 16 from noon to 5pm. During swimming hours, there is a lifeguard on duty.
The sandy beach has a walkway leading right up to the water. You can also find a small playground with a swing set along with changing and shower facilities.
- Hours: June 23 - August 16, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Features: Beach, Benches, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Showers
- Permit requirements: Beach passes are available at the Recreation Department.
- Features: Swings