Temple Shir Tikvah
Led by Rabbi Richard "Rim" Meirowitz and Cantor Beth Levin, the reform congregation of Temple Shir Tikvah focuses on fostering Jewish identity, growth and community. The temple considers itself casual and accessible with a lot of depth to mine.
A number of educational programs are available to temple members, including family education, religious school for grades 1-7, Bar and Bat Mitzvah programs and post-B'Nai Mitzvah programs for students in grades 8-12. The temple also offers junior (grades 6-8) and senior (grades 8-12) youth groups that join Boston youth groups in various activities, including weekend retreats at Camp Eisner. In addition to traditional Shabbat services, Temple Shir Tikvah offers Aleph Friday night services (for families with children under three), potluck dinners and a once-monthly Tot Shabbat for pre-readers. Visit the Temple Shir Tikvah Web site to find out more about the programs offered.
- Hours: Shabbat services: Fri, 7:30pm. Potluck dinners: Fri, 5:45pm (families with young children), 6:30pm (all ages). Family services: Fri, 6:30pm. Tot Shabbat: first Saturday of the month, 10am - 11am.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp at the side entrance
- Denomination: Jewish - Reform
- Congregation size: 1,000
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes