With ivy growing on its brick walls, the building that houses Winchester's high school students has a classic feel to it. Led by Principal Tom Gwin, the school's objective is to provide its students an opportunity to achieve excellence in learning.
Winchester High School's mission is to cultivate critical thinking, clear and effective communication, intellectual creativity, a sense of personal, civic and social responsibility and an ability to apply these skills and knowledge to life situations in all its students.
The school has 29 clubs and extracurricular activities students can join, along with 27 varsity athletic teams.
- Number of students: 1,072
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.03:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 96.6
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13.9:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 77
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Statistics, Calculus AB/BC, Calculus BC, Computer Science, U. S. History, English (Survey of World Literature), French, Latin, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Extracurricular activities available: Yearbook, Band Front/Flag Corps, Frisbee, Model UN, Junior Statesmen of America, Literary Magazine, Marching Band, NHS, Newspaper, Student Council, Theater Light and Sound Crew, Mixed Martial Arts, Stampede, Math Team
- Student clubs: Art Club, Asian-American Student Organization, Chess, Go and Shogi, Connect and Commit, Drama, Environmental Club, Film Club, Juggling Club, Multicultural Issues Group, Musical, Outdoors Club, Photography Club, Sachem Lifting Club, S.O.S/S.A.D.D, Spectrum
- Sports teams: Football, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Girls Swimming, Golf, Girls Volleyball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Indoor Track, Gymnastics, Boys Swimming, Wrestling, Tennis, Lacrosse, Sailing, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field