Opened in 1912, the Winchester Hospital was started by the Winchester Visiting Nurses Association. The original three-story house on Washington Street became quite popular as soon as its doors were open to the public. Five years later the hospital more than tripled in size and has been growing ever since.
The mission of the hospital is to care, heal and excel. They base their success on providing a safe work and patient care environment, improving the patient's experience, engaging their employees, working with their physicians to achieve goals and increase the growth of their services in order to reinvest in their people, programs and technology.
The hospital is currently building a state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility. It is one of the top providers in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, radiation oncology and pain management. There is also a women's breast care center associated with the hospital.
Winchester Hospital has access to the most advanced technology available for its patients including the da Vinci robotic surgical system.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps, elevators, designated parking
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: All major insurance accepted, including MassHealth
- Financial assistance: Payment plan
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Number of beds: 229
- Type: General, Pediatric, Rehabilitation
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dental surgery, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Urology
- Visiting hours: General: noon - 8pm. Maternity: 4pm - 8pm; Grandparents, noon - 8pm; Husbands, Siblings, any time. Special Care Nursery: any time. Intensive Care Unit: noon - 8pm. Pediatric Unit: noon - 8pm; one parent can stay overnight.
- Helipad: No